Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lest you people think that all I do is sit around eating delicious desserts and reading new books, I'll post a few pics from our latest weekend adventure. One nice thing about living in Colorado is that when it gets too hot in the foothills you can always move up a few thousand feet in search of cooler air and a breeze. Armed with camping and climbing gear and enough water and food to last us 2 days, Dylan, Doug, and I escaped record setting heat in Fort Collins and head to the Ironclads, a group of rock formations just south of Estes Park. The weather was perfect and our spot was peaceful. My first climb was Gypsies in the Palace (5.8). Feeling a little bold afterwards (possibly by the inspiration of watching Man vs Wild at the Calder's the night before?), I decided to do my first lead climb on the same route. It was a pretty exhilarating climb and one that I won't forget soon. We retired to our peaceful though slightly sloped tent site near the wall, happy to sleep under the stars even if it meant waking every hour to reposition our bodies back to the top of the tent. :) We did a few more routes on Sunday, then took a leisurely drive back to Fort Collins for some choice city deli bbq....mmmmm....









1 comment:

d said...

you did your first lead! that's exciting. congrats. glad it went well.